Friday, June 24, 2016

Quick thoughts on Brexit

I do not know much about the situation with the UK leaving the EU and so I do not have an opinion if it's good or bad. But there are a few things to consider on the positive side of things. It should certainly impact the world.

  1. Great time to invest in the Pound. I'm surprised the value of the pound dropped so soon especially since it'll probably be about 2 years before the UK leaves, if it even does. What will happen is now the EU will start negotiating with the UK, this puts the UK in a strong position as I'm sure the EU wants it to stay. If the UK does stay, then the value should go up quite a bit.
    1. I'm thinking that either the market is panicking or that the EU is trying to use the market to change UK's mind, which is actually quite an evil tactic.
  2. Sends a message about abuse of power. Again, I don't know much about the situation, but the feel I've gotten from reading things is the the EU has been burdening the UK without really listening to its concerns. This could impact how even Federal governments treat its member states.
  3. The right to secede actually exists. That's huge. It was the foundation of the U.S. but it hasn't been very effective since then.
Those are the only things I can think of at the moment. It will certainly be interesting to watch and I don't have an opinion whether it is good or bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment