Sunday, August 5, 2018

About the letter on Right to Job security

For those who were hoping for a very detailed letter, sorry. This letter was going to be my first about at using the Blogger app. I finished a long first draft, but then when I went to proofread, it was gone. It's very disheartening to lose something that a lot of work was put into and I don't think I can write it as well as I did before as my mind wants to focus on other topics.

So instead, I'll briefly describe what I had drafted. If you wish for more details, feel free to ping me on Twitter.

For the piece that explained the importance of job security, I went backwards and first examined the consequences of not having good job security. The first negative I examined was racism, particularly how whites were racist against other whites until the cheap labor force were Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics.

Next, I planned to examine the impact on our happiness. I referred to Sergeant Indie's video on ikigai. I also pointed out that we associate good jobs with stability and friendship. Recalling the cycle of happiness being triggered when an imperfection occurs, we can see that to lose a good job would have a serious impact on our happiness.

The letter ended with a plea for leadership to place a higher importance on job security than the whims of investors who do not care about the workforce. Layoffs should be a last resort to saving a business. If we place money higher than people's happiness, then we cannot say we are making progress.

With love,
N. D. Moharo

No comments:

Post a Comment